Eid prayer was legislated in the first year of the Hijrah, And its ruling according to the jurists is a confirmed Sunnah, which the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, continued to do.
Eid prayer is joy and happiness, Allah Almighty said:
“قل بفضل الله وبرحمته فبذلك فليفرحوا هو خير مما يجمعون”
“Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy–in that let you rejoice: that is better than the wealth you hoard.”
And it has Sunnahs reported from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, that he used to do all the time:
- Washing and perfume and wearing the most beautiful clothes.
- Eating before going out for Eid al-Fitr, and not eating before going out for Eid al-Adha.
- Praying outside mosques, i.e. in the squares in the air unless people can’t do it because of rain or something.
- The going out of children and women, there is no difference in that between a young or old girl or a young or old child, Even menstruating women and postpartum women do not pray, but attend the great scene and move away from the worshipers a little or from the place of prayer, but attend and witness this good.
- Going by one way and returning by another.
- Speeding up the Eid al-Adha prayer for people to give their meat of the sacrifices, and slowing down with the Eid al-Fitr prayer so that people can pay their zakat al-Fitr.
- There is no sunnah prayer before or after the Eid prayer.
- Prayer at home is valid if there is an excuse, but without the Eid sermon.
- If you are praying in the square or the mosque, it is better to listen to the sermon after the prayer, because it is better than leaving.
- It is from the Sunnah on Eid day after prayer to play, have fun, be happy and make your family happy.
All of what we have mentioned is proven in the books of jurisprudence (Fiqh) and hadiths were mentioned on the authority of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
Happy new year.